Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Why the "Comments" Are Turned On

It never occurred to me that I should disable the comments. As I'm getting back into things here I started reading other "Buddhist Blogs", and in most cases the comment option is either moderated or absent entirely. Does this suggest that the Buddhist community is not able to converse in a civil manner? Or that everyone who blogs fashions themselves as a teacher and therefore sharing the soap-box is forbidden? I find it highly amusing. Here's an image from a community garden in Austin, Texas, which seems relevant to the point I'm trying to make. So, is this or isn't this a Zen garden?

1 comment:

  1. Plus: who really cares about Buddhist views on cat-neutering? Every Buddhist blog seems to ignore that the 5-year old wave of massive world-wide protests started with Buddhist monks taking to the streets; when I saw that I kew the globe was in for a big change. Call me crazy. Never mind, lets just ignore all that.

    ReplyDelete